Photos unconnected to the railway
New photo taken on Sunday 14th March 2010...Purple crocus plant.
New photos added on Saturday 6th March 2010...Sunset over the Tame Valley canal on Monday 1st March 2010. The electricity pylons run alongside the cut en-route to the substation at Ocker Hill, Tipton.
New photo added on Sunday 3rd January 2010...Lunchtime at Hydes Road pool, Wednesbury, on Saturday 2nd January 2010. Someone had just turned up with bread, and these guys were heading off for a piece of the action.
New shots taken on Saturday 26th December 2009...
- Despite standing on nearly the highest point in the town, this Windmill near Wednesbury town centre isn't very obvious unless you're looking for it. It's a relatively new construction, dating from the 1990s, but from most vantage points it's hidden by adjacent buildings and greenery.
- Coots on the part-frozen pool at Hydes Road, Wednesbury.
First shots with a new Canon G11, added on Friday 25th December 2009...
- The distinctive and unmissable colour of the Alligator Storage building in Wednesbury made a good target when I was learning how to use my new Canon G11 compact camera. This shot came from was its first outing, which was on Saturday 6th December 2009.
- Another outing with the new G11 camera on Friday 25th December produced this shot of narrowboats on the frozen canal in Tipton. This is the Birmingham Old Main line canal, near the point where it joins the New Main line at Bloomfield Road.
- About half a mile south is Tipton Junction, where the Stourbridge Canal meets the Old Main line. This is the signpost.
Angle Ring sign, photographed on Monday 23rd November 2009...The distinctive sign outside the Angle Ring Company in Bloomfield Road, Tipton.
Sunset over Wednesbury, photographed on Wednesday 23rd September 2009...
- Looking due west at 19:04 with St Paul's church spire to the right
- Looking due west at 19:12 with St Paul's church spire to the right
- Looking west-south-west at 19:15 with St Bart's and St Mary's church spires just visible in the distance
- Looking west-north-west at 19:23 with St Paul's church spire to the left