Class 68 locomotives
- 68006 heads through Leamore with 6K95 Bescot - Crewe. On this occasion the train consisted of a rake of Coalfish loaded with rubble, heavy enough to make the loco work on the sharp climb between Ryecroft and Bloxwich. The train was running near enough on time when photographed at 14:52 on Tuesday 9th August 2016. This shot was much better before the tree on the right blocked the view, and was ideal for northbound trains mid-afternoon. Not so good now, when it has to be done narrower. But 6K95 doesn't run often, and the combination of a Scotrail-liveried loco, plus sun (a close call), made it worth the effort.
- 68008 starts away from a signal check on the approach to Bescot with 6Z96 from Crewe. The train was formed of fifteen autoballaster wagons (JJA/HQA), and this shot was taken at 14:08 on Tuesday 3rd February 2015. On this occasion the train only ran as far as Bescot, rather than continuing to Toton. The loco returned light engine to Crewe.
- 68008 again, this time hauling a late-running 1K57 Marylebone - Kidderminster through Langley Green at 19:17 on Friday 5th June 2015. A shot that looked lost when a three-car Class 172 forming 2Z64, an 1818 Worcester Foregate Street to Snow Hill additional, appeared in view. However the unit was going faster than the loco, and just cleared in time.
- 68009 arrives at Bescot with 6Z96 from Crewe, seen here at 13:38 on Thursday 16th October 2014. 68s had worked this train on several occasions over the previous few weeks, but this was my first opportunity to photograph one. This train must hold some sort of record for traction variety in 2014, having been worked by members of Class 20, 37, 47, 57, 66, 68 and 70.
- 68009 passes Barrow-Upon-Trent with 6U77 Mountsorrel - Crewe. This shot was taken at 14:20 on Thursday 25th February 2016.